Sponsored by the Rotary Club of Scottsdale Foundation
This is a very exciting affair to raise funds to benefit the arts and business communities as well as our neighbors in need.
Full size fiberglass stallion statutes will be painted by local artists and leased to businesses and/or individuals to be displayed throughout the City of Scottsdale from late January, 2023 through early April, 2023. Artists’ whose work is chosen and paint a statue will be recognized on a plaque displayed by the stallion. A “scavenger hunt” type map will be provided through media to give residents and visitors the opportunity to seek and find all of the stallions on display.
Artists must submit their original work by OCTOBER 15, 2022 in order for their design to be considered for presentation to the sponsors. The sponsors will choose from the selected artist submissions.
Artists’ whose renderings are chosen will have until DECEMBER 15, 2022 to complete the painting of the fiberglass stallion. The Scottsdale Rotary Club Stallions Committee will be responsible for having the statues “clear coated”.
Artists’ whose work is chosen will also be invited to attend the Kick-Off Party in January, 2023 as well as the Stallion Stampede Gala Auction April 15, 2023.
We are counting on all of you wonderful artists out there to create incredible, original artwork that will amaze both local horse lovers and those who will travel to see the stallions. Participating in the Stallion Stampede! is a great way for artists to gain public recognition. Both sponsors and artists will be promoted in both print and social media, at events and on the streets.
Artists who participate will create original, colored sketches of their designs for a fiberglass horse. The final horse that will be painted will either be in a sitting, grazing or standing position.
Once all the Artists Committee has chosen an artist’s design, the Scottsdale Rotary Club Stallions Committee will notify you whether your design was selected. If your design was chosen, the Scottsdale Rotary Club Stallions Committee will make arrangements with you to have the stallion delivered for painting; or provide you a location to paint your stallion. All stallions MUST be completed by December 15, 2022.
1. The Scottsdale Rotary Club Stallions Committee will review all submissions for inclusion in the project.
2. All artists will be informed even if their design was not selected by a sponsor.
3. Artists will receive 20% commission from the gross auction price of the stallion if the stallion is sold through auction at the Auction Gala Event on April 15, 2023.
· Signed artist agreement
· Signed W-9
· A painting depicting the artist’s original design for a stallion (be creative) which can be submitted via photograph digitally with an image in JPEG format. The image must be no less than 300 dpi and a file size not to exceed 2MB. If you would prefer to submit a colored sketch, then please submit at least two images of prior paintings so the review committee can see your painting style.
· Artist biography for posting on the website
Artist's Information and Submission Paperwork Printer Friendly.
When the paperwork is complete, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any and all materials added to the stallion; the stallion and the artwork are the property of the Rotary Club of Scottsdale Foundation. If an artists’ rendering is chosen to be painted on a stallion, the Scottsdale Rotary Club Stallions Committee will have the final review and approval of the painted stallion to ensure that the work is acceptable for the sponsor. An artist must unconditionally agree to these terms, which will not be altered or changed without the express written consent of the Rotary Club of Scottsdale Foundation
The date is approaching fast and we’re making preparations. Don’t miss out!